Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Simple Card from Joanne



Hi, I'm Joanne and I'm delighted to be a rogue redhead (My hair is sort of red: "macadamia" actually, at least that's what it says on the packet)

I'm the "simply does it rogue". My work tends to be quick and simple, and I love clean designs.

This is a good example of this. The background is created with distress inks on shiny card. I used cut'n'dry foam to colour it. I then stamped random quotes from the sheet onto the background with distress ink and embossed them with clear powder. I stamped the boy onto shiny card with black archival ink and cut him out. I mounted all this onto a square white card, and that's it!

6 comments:

  1. Love the look of those quotes making up the background - I will try that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love this prep school boy. Great simplicity and use of white space. Looks very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! Love this and am so excited to receive my new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Joanne! I love the boy against that background of quotes! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and the quote background looks fab with the image :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy this little guy is in the collection and I love what you made using this image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...