Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sharon Briss: Storytime Swingers

This pair of swinging readers, from the Relish Reading plate, lend themselves to so many designs! For this card, I started with a base panel onto which, using Versamark ink, I stamped the Almanac page background and embossed it with clear embossing powder. From there, I used several shades of Ranger Distress Inks sponged over the background to create a warm toned panel.

I used the same Distress colors and sponged them onto a plain strip of cardstock. I overstamped these cute little swingers onto that strip with StazOn and then punched the image out using a Marvy oval punch. I added a little plaid paper and ribbon for some flair and finished off with a small "Storytime" embellishment.

Once I started stamping with this image, I couldn't stop. For the card below, I stamped the children on a craft cardstock and then used colored pencils to add white and brown highlights for a vintage look.


Using a more modern take for the next card, I used several of the elements from Relish Reading to create multiple blocks which were used as a backdrop for the swinging pair.

As you can see, this image lends itself to several styles and a variety of looks! We'd love to see what you can do with this image!

3 comments:

  1. Love them all! I can't believe the detail in all these stamps, but that background is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, Shar! I especially love the top one, with the embossed background - lovin' these stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is lovely, my favourite creation being the bottom one - just darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...