Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sharon Briss: Distressed By Labels

While any good rogue would find labels distressing, I decided to turn the tables and distress the labels!

I started by taking a regular page of labels, available at most office supply stores, and running my first color of distress ink, Wild Honey, over the labels direct to paper. I then ran my second color, Spiced Marmalade over the same labels but more lightly with wide strokes. By doing this, I tinged the edges of each label with the slightly darker color. I overstamped the whole piece with the Almanac background from Relish Reading in Brush Corduroy and then stamped the flourish from the same set randomly around the edges with Fired Brick ink. I transferred the labels to a vanilla card base.

Using the same Fired Brick distress ink, I stamped the school girl image from Relish Reading on a fresh piece of paper and matted it in red.

I finished off by adding a flower in corresponding colors and stamping a quote from Voltaire on the base.

Read the Label
Stamps: Almanac background, flourish, school girl with book and sentiment from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade,Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: sheet of standard adhesive labels
Embellishment: prima flower; red brad
Tools: oval and oval scallop punch (Marvy)

Why not push the boundaries a little with some simple items? Maybe you'll get labeled a rogue too!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous effect, Shar! What an unexpected "supply"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is stunning! Love how you framed her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Shar this looks like great fun! your results are wonderful. i shall have to try it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, haven't done any label stamping in a while but I might just dig out my label supply now. Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...