Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sharon Briss: Ms. Claus

Ever run out of Christmas images? I sure do! Jean Franks Becks' lovely Christmas projects - the Book Lover's Gift Kit and yesterday's Visions of Sugarplums card - inspired me to think about using my Relish Reading images in a new way.

I love this sassy little lady, all cozy in her chair but obviously deep in thought. She just oozes a sense of imminent spunk! Her expression also reminded me of my daughter's when I pleaded with her to put on a Santa hat....yup, the same look!

To make the cap, I just measured the width of the image's head near where I wanted the cap to rest. I doubled the width to get the height of my hat and cut out a rectangle. I measured the midpoint of top edge and marked it. From there, it was an easy matter to cut from the bottom right corner up to the top midpoint and then repeat with the left side. I created a fold in the cap so it would hang over and added some cotton balls for the trim.

To finish her off, I dressed her in reds and golds and sat her in a nice puffy green chair!

Stamps: young lady from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs); sentiment (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Merry Christmas Sentiments (Karen Foster)
Cardstock: Real Red and Very Vanilla (Stamping Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E02, E07, E09, E11, G16, G17, G19,R35, R37, R39, Y21, YG05, YG07, YR00, YR23, YR24
Tools: 1" and 1.25" punches (Creative Memories); oval cutter (Creative Memories)
Embellishment: 2 mini cotton balls

I hope to being putting Santa hats on more of my favorite images soon! Maybe next time, I'll use felt to really capture the texture of a Santa hat!

While you can creatively use all these images to give your holiday cards a little something different, they can also help you create some amazing hand-made gifts for those literature lovers on your list! Look at these wonderful creations from our Rogue Crew:

Gift Certificate Scroll Box - Joanne Wardle

Imagination Journal - Jean Franks Beck

Magnetic Bookmark - Laura Liddell

Matchbook Notebook - Joanne Wardle

Library Pocket with Bookmark - Jean Franks Beck

Book Plate - Laura Liddell

For even more wonderful ideas and a host of amazing cards and spectacular projects, check out our Rogues Gallery!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful card and a great idea using the Santa hat. She also looks as if she will be quite happy when the Christmas rush is over :-) have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, Shar, and a great idea! Love that Santa hat! (I think she's dreaming of a white Christmas.... I know I am, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...