Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sharon Briss: Reading Tile

I am a long time lover of books, so I decided to use my Relish Reading stamps to make some wall art! I was inspired by the beautiful tile creations of Penny Bennington. You can see her amazing work on A Penny for Your Thoughts, her blog.

She has a wonderful technique involved tiles and alcohol ink that I just love. She shared this technique in a tutorial on Gingersnap Creations.

I was also inspired by Joanne Wardle's wonderfully creative use of the flourish stamp in the Relish Reading set. Joanne, on her amazing matchbook notebook, turned the flourish into a flower stem which I thought was ingenious and have promptly copied.

Here is my take on an alchohol ink stamped tile. I used Ranger Alchohol inks and blending solution. I wanted to have a soft outdoor feel to go with the image and sentiment I chose so I used Stream, Stonewashed and Lettuce.

To see more examples with this plate, please check out our Rogues Gallery where the ever-creative and hardworking Rogue Crew have made many wonderful samples.

8 comments:

  1. This looks awesome - i love how you combined the colors so well - isn't this a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt that a fun technique! I had blast doing this one myself.
    Your tile looks so artsy and beautiful Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The results are stunning and looked as if you had a lot of fun with this project. Mmmmmm will have to give this a go. Have a great weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art piece, Shar! Love the colors with this image - so dreamy. (And the flowers and "stems" look awesome, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pretty colors! Amazing piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, it looks very artsy and I love the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I love both the first and the second!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...