Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sharon Briss: Swing and Miss

This morning I was in need of something fun to get my juices going, so I visited a few challenge blogs. I stopped when I got to The Pink Elephant and saw that their current challenge was "Red, Brown and Pink". That I could do!

I set to work first creating a soft background with distress inks. I stamped my Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress inks onto my largest acrylic block, spritzed it with water and stamped the block down on some glossy cardstock. I then overstamped the Almanac page with Work Lipstick over this background. I stamped the swingers onto some soft pink designer paper and then punched them out with an oval punch. I did the same with the Miss You sentiment, matting both ovals with red.

Swing and Miss You
Stamps: Miss You and little swingers from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Fleur d'Lis Light from the Heritage line (Making Memories)
Cardstock: Real Red (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Spun Sugar and Work Lipstick (Ranger Distress Ink)
Other: oval and scallop punch (Marvy)

May your day turn out rosey!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of those colors! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your background. And as for the stamp - I can't wait, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card & very interesting technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You;ve got that challenge in the bag, the card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background in those pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. It's different from usual style and very distinctive. The colors are so pretty and the image is really sweet. TFS
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Shar! I am a lover of pink- so the color is divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...