Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Snow Hugs in the Pink

I was so excited to see the new Rogue Redhead Designs plate - Snow Hugs!  These images are so unique and fun to color, and the backgrounds are fabulously versatile.  I was inspired by all the pink-cream-kraft challenges all over the web these last few weeks, and I love the unexpected twist this color scheme gives to these snowy little folks.

So here are the how-to's for this card:  I first stamped the snuggling couple in gray ink on white cardstock.  I only wanted a hint of color, so I outlined only parts of the image with Copics in R81 (Rose Pink), YG91 (Putty), and E31 (Brick Beige).  I thought the background looked a bit too white, so it was E50 (Egg Shell) to the rescue.  I added a little dimension to the whole thing with Warm Grays W0 and W1.  (I also gave the guy's sweater a little pattern by masking and stamping the snowflake background motif just on his sweater.)
I cut the image out using Nestabilities' Curved Rectangles, and distressed the edges with Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, and Victorian Velvet.  It's layered on some vintage sheet music, and a coffee filter panel that I misted with Pink Bubblegum and Creme de Rouge from Tattered Angels.  The next background panel is made by stamping two of the background images from the set onto linen textured cardstock.  
The tag is stamped with more distress inks, then run through my Xyron sticker maker and glittered with Stampin' Ups' Diamond Dust - like icy, frosty new snow.  A little crinkled seam binding snuggles everything together.

Hope you all have a little snuggle with someone special this weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is very softly pretty. Just got my set in the mail today, looking forward to inking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, it shows off the stamp perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...