Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Warm Fuzzies

Well, no matter how much our thoughts turn to spring, it would seem that much of our world is still getting snow!  At some point in my life, when I was impatiently wishing for time to fly by so that some important date would arrive, someone (I don't remember who) told me "Don't wish your life away.  Enjoy it now!"  And so... this little celebration of all things snowy!

I've used an image from the Snow Hugs plate, embossed in white on a tag that I had spritzed with Glimmer Mists and tied with white cotton twill.  The background is made by embossing the background stamp from Snow Hugs onto vellum using pale blue embossing powder (American Crafts' Zing! embossing powder comes in lots of cool shades.)  I have sewn the vellum panel onto a panel of white organic cotton craft batting.  At first I wasn't sure about this, covering up most of the batting, but the fun texture of the batting actually shows through the vellum - it's like a frosty window keeping out the snow.  And the batting around the edges adds a warm fuzzy texture - to send the warm fuzzies to someone special. ;)  A little embossed scrap and silvery sparkly star finish it off.

Hope everyone stays warm if you are getting snowed on! Enjoy the fluffy white stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Jean! Using batting was inspired! I love all your great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...