Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Playing with Backgrounds

I just love the circle background from the Snow Hugs plate, and I've been having some fun playing with different techniques.  For this card, I used a simple emboss resist for the background, but added a little vintage flair by clear embossing over some text from an old 1880s Harper's Weekly magazine (an article about "camping out in California" - very fun!).  I simply stamped the circle backgrounder using Versamark watermark ink, heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then rubbed on Distress Inks in Broken China, Shabby Shutters, and Dusty Concord.  I lightly buffed the embossed areas with a clean cloth to really bring out the clear parts in the text.  I thought this would be a perfect backdrop for a little Crate Paper Restoration designer die cut of a bicycle, and the "Day Dream"  sentiment from the Relish Reading plate (which I stamped on a piece of margin from another vintage page).  A tiny button is the only embellishment needed.  The panel is then mounted on some plain vintage text, which is glued to a cardstock base.  This is a really easy technique with very fun results.  See, that Snow Hugs plate doesn't have to be just for the winter months... it can take you right into spring and beyond.  

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love this fabulous summery card! Great idea to do resist with the background! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...