Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Snow Hugs Trio

Hello again and happy Friday!  I have been having fun creating some quick and easy cards using this wonderful ice skating couple from the Snow Hugs plate.  I love how the free, wavy line drawings in this plate are so suggestive of movement, and I wanted to highlight that effect even more.  To make these cards, I first cut three identically-sized panels of cardstock - one white, one light blue, and one medium blue.  I stacked them on top of each other and attached document clips to both ends to make sure they wouldn't shift when I cut them.  I freehand drew two wavy lines horizontally across the cards, and cut through all three layers at once, reattaching my clips to secure the layers for the second cut again after I had made the first.  I then jumbled up my three colors and fit them back together, like a puzzle, and attached them to a dark blue cardstock base.  I stamped the skater image in Brilliance blue ink, and colored them with a range of blue Copic markers to keep the monochromatic effect.  For a little sparkly highlight, I filled in the moon and outlined some of the snowy areas and the girl's hat with a Spica clear glitter pen.  I've attempted to capture the shimmer in the photo below:
It adds a nice extra dimension in real life - you probably know what I mean. :)  I mounted the images onto some snowflake patterned paper, then the entire panel onto a white cardstock base.  I kept the embellishments to a minimum.  Each card has its "statement" embellishment and that's it - I wanted to let the little scene shine.  The sentiment will go on the inside.  These would make great cards for the holidays, as thank yous, or just as little "warm winter wishes" cards for someone special.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards with these grat stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea, Jean! These are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flowy blue tri-color panels! What a great idea and so perfect with this couple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...