Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Simple Set Saturday: Copic Spotlights

For the past few Saturdays, I've been showing you some simple and quick note card sets to make with your RRD stamps so I figured why not make it official? Saturdays on RRD will now be dedicated to making easy and impactful note card sets with simple techniques or layouts.

Spotlighting is a great way to add impact to your image and with copic markers you can achieve this effect without adding layers. I used my circle punch to create a quick mask and used repositionable adhesive to temporarily attach it over my stamped image. The rest was easy! Just color inside the mask and voila! Your set of cards is complete.


I took my main colors from the single sheet of designer paper that I selected to tie the set together not only with technique but color.

Supplies
Stamps: all from Relish Reading plate
Paper: Doc Holiday from the Wanted line (Cosmo Cricket)
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copics: BG11, BG13, E02, E07, E09, E11, E31, E33, E34, E41, E43, G21, G24, RV10, RV11, Y21, Y23, YR00, YR23, and YR24


Hope you enjoyed this set. Look for another next Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I like these MORE this way than I do when they are completely colored. Thank you for showcasing this technique - it works perfectly with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant technique! I haven't seen this before but will definitely try it. I like the first one particularly,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful results, especially love the first one. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The technique is brilliant, definitely something to try. My favourite is the first card, just love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look great, and I've not tried the Spotlight technique before either- but I will be now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spotlight technique but not thought of doing it one-layer. Brilliant! And such fab notecards too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this version of the spotlight technique as well as your new Saturday feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, Sharon... the first one is my very favorite! Your copic coloring is fabulous, love the technique!
    Hugs,
    Sharon F.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...