Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Simple Set Saturday: Double-Sided Diamonds

Today, I want to help you get the most out of that lovely double-sided designer paper you've been hoarding. Admit it. You don't want to cut it up. I am the same way as I can never decide between the two patterns.

For today's project, I decided to use both sides of my pretty paper. Like many double-sided patterns, there was one side that was very decorative and another that was more subtle. To start, I cut four 6" x 2" strips from the decorative side of the paper and 4 coordinating card bases. I attached the panels to the bottom of my bases. I then added some pretty coordinating ribbon that came with a lovely package I got awhile back. Gotta love recycling!

To complete my cards, I cut two 1.25" squares on the diagonal from the decorative side of the paper and two 1.25" squares from the flipside of my paper onto which I stamped my images. I cut a 2.75" square from cardstock that matched the accent color on my designer paper and attached my four squares and mounted these on the card. Voila!

Supplies
Stamps: boy, girl, swingers and outdoor reader from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Calamity Jane from the Wanted line (Cosmo Cricket)
Cardstock: Mellow Moss and Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: moss grosgrain ribbon

Hope you come back next Saturday when we'll be playing with backgrounds!

6 comments:

  1. You just keep showing us how versatile your stamps are. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that you mention it WHY do they make 2 sided paper? to torture us? i love this design and i am absolutely going to try it -- thanks for providing instructions! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Great idea... maybe I could cut a few pieces... maybe, tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so lovely and your lady stamps a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shar
    Well I had to lol as I said to myself, "is Shar reading my mind" as this is me. I have so much trouble cutting into a sheet of paper especially if I own only one sheet.
    These are brilliant cards.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...