Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beverly G: Reading & Dreaming

A Great Good Thursday Morning to Everyone!
Today is my official debut as a new member of the Rogue Redhead Design Team. This is an exciting new adventure for me and one of my personal goals accomplished. I'm almost positive you can hear the clapping from here.
I chose to showcase the Relish Reading set today for your viewing pleasure. I haven't made a round card for awhile and over at The Cheerful Stamp Pad, Vicki's challenge this week is "Little Girls With Curls". When I read that this image popped into my mind. This sweet girl with her pretty curly hair, sitting in her comfy chair, letting her imagination take her off into a wonderful day dream. I love to read and I've had many moments just like this with a good book. If you are an avid reader you know what I mean by losing yourself in a good story.
My friend Linda had given me a piece of fabric with books all over it and again I said to myself what a perfect back drop to set this scene. I took a picture of the fabric and created this background paper. I have left the girl sepia tinted to maintain the vintage feel to this card. Some tiny black sticker dots to frame out the scallop and some definition ribbon complete the card.
Thursdays will be my day to post here at Rogue Redhead Designs, so I hope you will come back often to see what I come up with next using Sharon's wonderful stamps.

Thanks for visiting and viewing,
Beverly G ♥

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Beverly! You will be an outstanding design team member! Love this first card. This image looks great "in the round".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, Beverly! I love this gal on the book background, and by making the image subtly sepia, she really stands out. Love, love, love this design. Glad to have you on the team, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and Congratulations on the Team membership (absolutely love the background--wonder why? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Beverly! Glad to have you as a member of the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...