Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Rosy Notes

Happy Friday!  I've been so inspired by all of my Rogue teamies and their notecard sets, I had to make a little set of my own.  There is just something about Floriculture and Bits and Pieces that makes ya want to do little gift sets - for teachers, coaches, moms, sisters, friends.  I am a bit obsessed with this little rose image from Floriculture - I can't put it down.  For my note cards, I first stamped the mottled square from Bits and Pieces in Tattered Rose Distress Ink, then overstamped the rose in Aged Mahogany.  I punched it out with a square punch, then framed it in vintage text (sometimes the text part, sometimes the blank part of an old book page - there's nothing like the patina of old paper!).  Then I added a sentiment to each one, along with a little something special as a border.
For these two, I used vintage book pages as a border.  The one on the left is simply torn text smooshed in the distress inks I used for the rose.  For the one on the right, I pinch pleated a plain strip of vintage bookpage text, sewed it with my sewing machine, then wrapped some twine around it and added a mother of pearl button (this one is my fave of the four!).
The next two: for the one on the left, I tore a strip of 7 Gypsies tissue tape for the border, then added a few little pink pearls around the sentiment.  For the one on the right - a strip of vintage sheet music, and a row of tiny rhinestones to highlight the words.

These were very quick and easy to whip up.  Good thing, because my kids have four core teachers between the two of them, plus piano teachers, volleyball coaches, chorus teachers..... you get the idea. ;)  Have a great weekend, friends!

5 comments:

  1. These note cards are completely stunning, Jean! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Jean's note cards, absolutely beautiful, CAS with vintage - a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your note cards Jean-so clean and simple yet stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...