Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Sunshine and Flowers

Woohoo, Blogger is back!  I felt like the power was out, and I was in a blackout or something - no new posts, no way to comment on anyone's posts - amazing how much we miss our little community when it's gone.  I have been having lots of fun creating with the new plates.  The Floriculture and Bits and Pieces collections are so versatile, they lend themselves to so many different styles.  For the card above, I made a background by smooshing Distress Inks in yellows and greens onto my craft sheet, and swiping and twisting the cardstock onto it.  Then I flung a little water onto it with my fingers to create a bit more interest.  Next, I stamped the fern image repeatedly across the bottom, varying the heights.  I used the smoosh technique again on another piece of cardstock, this time using yellows and oranges.  I stamped the sunburst directly onto this piece in black Archival ink, then punched the images out with Martha Stewart's starburst punch (fits perfectly!) and added them to my ferns.  A sentiment, a little twine for the corner, and it's done.

And for something completely different.... well, I kept with the green/yellow/orange color scheme, but used a totally different style:
When I was experimenting with smooshed background color combinations for the first card, I had one yellow panel that came out too pale for my sunbursts.  I kept it anyway, and tried stamping on it with this image. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, and I liked the soft vintage effect that resulted.  I used the great border stamp to make a little black and white border that reminds me of a vintage seed packet design, and added a sentiment from Bits and Pieces.

Happy Friday the 13th! Have a great weekend, all!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are up and running, blogger has lost my latest post...boo hoo, hope it returns.
    Loving both your cards and love the little button faces. Have a great weekend Jean, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really creating some beauties with these new plates. You're so right about Blogger, hope they get straightened out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top one. The humour is just me! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...