Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Simple Set Saturday: Color Repetition

I went a little crazy for this Simple Set Saturday post! I wanted to show you what repetition of image or type of image and color could accomplish with very little effort.

For two cards in this set, I picked one of the simple images from Floriculture and repeatedly stamped it on a white panel using colors in the same color family. I then repeated one of the colors for the card base and mat for the sentiment. The sentiments all come from the versatile Bits and Pieces plate.

Here's one using the sun from Floriculture:

and anther using the rose:

Once, I finished these two cards, I had a quirky idea. I was thinking of how many different things we are to different people. I picked out the words from the Bits and Pieces plate and stamped each word in a different color randomly on my panel. For the masculine Happy Birthday card, I chose shades of blue and the words "Son", "Father", and "Brother".

For an easy "Way to Go" card, I did the same thing for a female recepient. This time I used pinks and the words "Mother", Daughter", "Wife" and "Sister" and the overstamped "Congratulations in the blank spots. I finished off with a "Wow" matted in one of the medium pinks.

Hope you enjoyed this set!

Next week, we'll be doing a little something different, but look for Simple Set Saturday on the first Saturday of each month.

Starting in July, we'll be having challenges here on the second Saturday of each month! How fun is that?

1 comment:

  1. Love this concept - especially that little sunburst face... so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...