Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Deb Corder: Bits & Pieces

HELLO! I'm so excited to join this very talented design team!

As Shar said in her introductory post yesterday - I love to get my fingers inky! And I love to use Distress Inks to make beautiful backgrounds. I know there are a few weeks yet until Father's Day but I couldn't wait to use BITS & PIECES to make a "quick & easy" card.

I started with a piece of kraft paper, clear embossed circles and squares, and then sponged Distress Ink (Broken China, Wild Honey, and Bundled Sage) over the entire card. For the speckled look, I just sprinkled some water over the card and patted dry. Finally, to give the circles and squares some definition - I used a Sharpie to "doodle" around them. Quick.! Easy! Fun!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love this look for a masculine card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Deb! Love the doodled edges and the background you created is totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card,Deb. Love your colors, can't get along without our Sharpie markers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun way to create a background and it looks great as a card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...