Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Penny Bennington: Father's Day Card

I know Father's Day was yesterday, but thought I'd share this card with you. I've always had such a hard time making masculine cards, until I found steampunk! So here's steampunk "going rogue" :-) This is my Dad's Father's Day card and it's a Z-fold design. I attached 2 square panels, 1 on the Z-fold, and the other on the back. Both panels start with a cool text background I'm finding so very useful from Relish Reading and I've been using it to create a tone on tone piece - ink the paper first with Tea Dye DI and a blending tool, then stamp the text stamp over that also using Tea Dye DI. Love the subtle text background that creates.

On the inside square panel, I used the same background technique, then added a diecut stamped with my sentiment from Bits and Pieces - such a versatile sentiment set! For the back of the card (or I suppose, the inside depending on how you look at it) I ran just that part through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and then highlighted the raised areas with metallic rub ons.
Have a great day and I hope you have a chance to "go rogue" with your stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Love this card! The gears almost look like real metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Dad's Day card, Penny! I love that Almanac page background too. It does do nice distress on distress ink backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Z Fold card. Perfect Steam Punk manly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...