Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stephanie Severin: Two Hearts That Beat As One

This card is for this week's Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge. I loved the color combination & fun whimsical feel of the photos.

I started by stamping the open polka dot background from Snow Hugs in Tomato Red ink on a piece of my Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow Lots of Dots paper. I matted it on a thin border of black cardstock before attaching it to the red card base for this week's CPS Sketch.

Next I stamped the entwined hearts & sentiment from the same set on more of the polka dot paper. I tried coloring the hearts with pencil, but didn't get the contrast I was hoping for on the designer paper, so I layered on some glossy accents, which gave a very cool effect.

2 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the glossy accents - what a great fun and funky card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...