Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beverly G: Oval Floral


Good Morning Everyone!
Today I have followed in the footsteps of my fellow teammates using the colors from the new RRD Rebel Challenge: Bold-Colored Vintage that Shar has created.
Recently I saw a video on YouTube at dostamping using this Oval Scallop Frame die attached to a gate fold card. When you attach the top of the scallop to the top of the gate and the bottom of the oval to the bottom of the gate it creates a latch effect. Here's the card opened up so you can see how I did the inside.
I've used the flower stamp from the Floriculture set and on the inside the fern from that same set + the word Hi! and one of the squares from the Bits and Pieces set.
For some reason when I stamp this flower stamp I want to bling it up a bit. So for this card I added some Rock Candy stickles to the center of the flowers, a little faux stitching around the oval and the scallop, then for the final touch the little pearls around the scallop.
Don't hesitate to join in on the challenge, you've got until Aug. 8th to enter. We're all waiting to see how you interpret these happy colors.

Thanks for visiting and viewing,
Beverly G ♥


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful composition, Beverly. I love the Rock Candy flower centers and "stitching".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...