Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Christmas in July

Happy Christmas in July!  I've been noticing all of the Christmas in July happenings around blogland, and decided to get in on the action (especially since we have been "enjoying" some mid- to upper 90s around here).  This card features RRD's Snow Hugs plate and the Card Patterns Sketch 123 (turned on it's side).  Yes, I'm following in the footsteps of my fellow teamie, Steph!!!  (Thanks for the inspiration, Steph!)  I also decided to use some seriously old stash.... Basic Grey's Blitzen collection, which I have been hoarding.  But truthfully, I only used some of the actual patterned papers..... the rest came from the front sheet that shows everything that is included in the kit:
All of those gorgeous patterns, miniaturized to be just perfect for a card!  Those sample paper pics are the ones I used for three of the side panels, the snowflakes, and the paper pieced gentleman's sweater and hat.

Here are the happy couple, sprinkled with tiny bits of flocking, glass glitter, and diamond dust.  The background was stamped with the snowflake image from the set (in light blue), then I sloppily traced over some of the snowflakes with a Spica glitter pen:
And a little pic of the snowflake side, glittered and accented with rhinestones:
I wrapped the card in two colors of Martha Stewart twine and tied it in a bow.  Ahhh, I feel cooler already!

One more little creation before I go..... I played along with the very first RRD Rebel Challenge: Bold-Colored Vintage.  A little vivid color for this lovely girl from the Relish Reading plate.  Click the link to find out how you can win a very, very fabulous prize. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you came up with a couple of beauties here. So many excellent details on each card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome! Way to go, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too always save the packaging for just such an occasion ... and I love what you did with those vivid hues ... fantastic cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...