Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beverly G: Vintage Beach Babes

A Good Hot Tuesday Morning to Everyone!
What a better way to start a hot day than a trip to the beach. This is one of the stamps from the new release plate: Beach Babes.
Today I was going for a Vintage Post Card look. I used Distress Inks,sponges, and a water brush to maintain the soft antique feel to this scene. After I had masked the children and created the sand, water, and sky, I carefully peeled off the mask and used the water brush and Distress Inks to watercolor the children. I had already decided to use the fern punch and the clip art shells for the corners, but I thought it still needed something. I think the large background stamp was the perfect touch. I masked the whole scene and stamped the background stamp with antique linen distress ink and sponged around the edges to blend it all together. Then I added the ferns and shells with dimensionals.
I had such fun working with this stamp I'm already working on another card with this wonderful set of stamps. So many possibilities.
Take advantage of the sale Shar has got going on and round out your summer with your own special beach and summer cards.

Thanks for visiting and viewing,
Beverly G ♥

2 comments:

  1. A perfect vintage postcard look - a lovely vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Beverly! I love how you've framed those two little beach goers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...