Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stephanie Severin: Vintage Button Birthday

I love the versatility of the Calendar Ledger in the Relish Reading plate. For this card, I stamped it, embossed the stamped paper with gears, and then added a bit more Distress Ink for a great background piece.


The card base and vintage photos are pages from a 1050 Popular Science Magazine that I found at an estate sale. It reminds me of my grandfather tinkering in his machine shop when he was young.

I added die cut gears, digital gears, and some of my step-mom's vintage buttons for my machinery. I finished with a sentiment from Bits & Pieces stamped in the aged margin of one of the magazine pages.

3 comments:

  1. What a great piece! Yes, that ledger is so very versatile - fun idea to use it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly fabulous and fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...