Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Penny Bennington: Rogue ATC Garden

I created two ATC's to join in on this month's challenge to "think outside the ATC". For my pair of ATC's, I used images from Relish Reading and Floriculture. I also had some fun playing with distress stains. My colored background is a Jennifer McGuire technique she calls pearlized distress - you use distress stains on watercolor paper (in my case I clear embossed my images first so I would also get a cool resist effect), then spritz the whole thing with Perfect Pearl spray blending the colors and giving them a shimmer. I also flicked droplets of the pearl spray onto the background. On the left I used a strip of that paper over a base created with tone-on-tone distress ink stamping and rubbing with a blending tool all using the tea dye color. On the right, I reversed the paper combination. Then I added my garden of buds that were also stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with distress stains. The buds are arranged so that some go "outside" the margins of the ATC and they're also elevated using foam squares - I wonder if "above the ATC" counts in the challenge....hmmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. These are stunning! Love the backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous - such a wonderful background effect, and I love the the flowers, with a look as if they were tossed and left where they landed. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...