Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sharon Briss: Easy Vellum Window Cards

I wanted to really try something new today and I had never tried to create a window card. Now seemed as good a time as any to try it!

I started by punching out a square window out of a simple white base. I then punched a coordinating mask out of a post-it note and carefully aligned it. I then stamped my Lily of the Valley image from the Floriculture plate through the window onto the inside of the card.

For the first one, I left the mask in place and carefully sponged around the edges of the punched window. This created a sponged frame on the inside of the card.


I wanted to be able to see something slightly different on the outside of the card than on the inside so I decided to add some patterned vellum. I stamped the lily of the valley onto the vellum, colored it from the back with copics and trimmed it. I added vellum adhesive around the backside of the punched window, then I held the vellum piece in place against the stamped image on the inside of the card. Keeping it in place, I closed the front of the card on top of vellum and pressed down to get a bond between adhesive and vellum.

To finish off, I punched two more "frames" out of patterned paper and added them to the front and back of the card.

The inside panel:

I played with this same formula a bit for the next card changing very little.

For a different look, I followed the same procedure but this time after stamping the lily, I colored it in with a Versamark marker, added clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. This allowed me to get right up to the image with the distress ink.

Here's a full view of the inside panel:

Instead of a frame around the image, I left this one plain but added a ribbon detail to the front.

On the inside I added a full panel of patterned paper.

It's always fun to try something new! Why not try your own window cards? They are a ton of fun once you get the knack of them!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, and so very clever! I love that there's an image on both the outside and inside.. a nice little surprise for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great! It's so fun to try something new and have it turn out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Sharon! "Windows" are fun to do and I like your idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...