Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Penny Bennington: Near the Ocean's Edge

To join in with this month's Rebel Challenge, I chose to use the Thoreau quote from Beach Babes and stamped it with white pigment ink directly onto this photo of my Dad walking along the beach at Pemaquid Point. Now I know many of you would say that the beaches where you live are beautiful and sandy, but I LOVE our rocky Maine coast beaches and Pemaquid is one of my favorites. Actually where my Dad is walking is right along the cliff edge - there's a sheer drop-off right down to the Atlantic. Needless to say, Pemaquid is not a swimming kind of beach; more a hang out on the rocks and listen to the crashing waves kind of beach - so wonderful! To complete my tag, I added strips of paper using the script stamp from Relish Reading and the sand pattern stamp from Beach Babes stamped using watercolor crayons and water spritzes to give a water-like look.

Here's a close-up of the stamped quote:

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag! Love the way you integrated the pic of your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful tag! Love the picture with the quote stamped directly over it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...