..

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Deb Corder: Rafia and Beads

I have to admit that I had great intentions of creating art on the road this week (I'm traveling for work). But 11-hour class days are wiping me out. So I'm sharing this piece I did for Gingersnap Creations.

Do you have a bag of raffia? Did you buy it in the '80's? I did...and I still have a full bag!!!What is it about Raffia that it self-generates when you're not using it? LOL.
This is a 6x6 piece. I used the FLORICULTURE set (sun face, flowers, leaves, and check border) and a bunch of bits hanging around my desk.
I used microbeads in the center of the flowers, it added a lot of texture to the flowers. The beads are just stuck on some glue dots.

Happy Birthday to Rogue Redhead Designs! I'm proud to be a rogue!!

1 comment:

  1. WOWZA! This is absolutely stunning, Deb! I just love all the wonderful collaged bits, the colors, the textures - beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...