Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Jean Franks Beck: Visions of Sugarplums

The family are home today, in honor of (US) Veteran's Day, so I'm taking a few stolen moments to craft.  I've been playing with the new Candy Kisses plate - I love the homespun feel of these images!  I'm starting on my Christmas cards, doing the "fun" ones first - the ones that might contain gift cards or go along with a special present.  Later, I'll be in "flat" mode, for the cards that need to go through the mail in nothing more than a simple envelope, LOL!  But for now, I'm having fun with stamps and embellishments.

For this card, I made some patterned paper using the little peppermint stamp over some Basic Grey dotted paper.  I've used the same paper for the "tag", which has some yummy-looking Christmas cupcakes, all frosted and topped with a shiny cherry.  I took Shar's advice and stamped and paper-pieced with some ruched white paper - love the effect!  I added some stickles and glossy accents to the cupcakes and the white ruched trim. 
The "XOXO" is from the companion plate, Snow Hugs.  Some Copic coloring and some crinkled seam binding finish everything off.

Happy Veteran's Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day - the name doesn't matter, so long as we all take a moment to say our thanks to those who've risked or given their lives to keep us free. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've got your family, have fun with them--your card came out really cute, everything ties together perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous, Jean!! Love that ruched white paper for the "frosting" and those shiny glazed cherries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...