Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beverly G: Fashionable Friends

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone and Happy New Year!
Today I've got an altered canvas for you. One of my goals this year is to use some of the products in my stash that I just had to have, but haven't taken the time to use. Sorry about being long winded on this one, but it will be worth it in the end.
I'm going to be pursuing a series of projects with the Theme: Friendship.
The lovely Ladies and the sentiment from the Milliner Misses set was a perfect choice for one of these projects. I had just gotten through with a previous project and was mulling this one over when a little light bulb went off.
I painted a small canvas 3 3/4" X 4 3/4" with some Claudine Helmuth paint, tore a piece of background paper, distressed the edges and stamped the sentiment. I stamped the Ladies with Sepia ink, used the leftover paint and dry brushed some highlights on their hats to pick up the colors of the canvas then used dimensionals to pop them up. I had my leftover wax still warming and with the brush that is dedicated just to wax projects I painted the wax around the edges and around the edges of the popped up image. I let it run and puddle. Then with some micro beads close by I dabbed the wax on again and poured the beads on, lightly mashed them in and dabbed some more wax over the top. For the finishing touch I brushed Blue Patina Perfect Pearls around the edges. This is only my second time to use melted wax, but boy oh boy, have I had some fun today.
Hope you like this as much as I do.

Happy Creating,
Beverly G ♥

4 comments:

  1. Love it Beverly, the design, the techniques and the final outcome.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this has to be the best card ever, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous and very inspiring! Love how you created this canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome background! LOVE that texture!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...