Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beverly G: Vellum Spotlight

A Great Good Tuesday Morning Everyone--
I'm following Penny's post with another girl from the Milliner Misses stamp set and I've pulled some patterned vellum from my stash because as you know by now our new challenge this month is #7: Frosty-use Vellum.
The little dragonfly on our girls hat inspired me to pull these colors. I always think of blue greens and purples when I think of dragonflies and in my stash I just happened to have some tiny dragonflies. They are actually silver, but I dabbed this one with my gold Sharpie Paint Pen. I stamped the girl in Soft Suede on the front of the vellum, colored with Spica Glitter Pens in purple and teal on the back to maintain the softness, cut out the circle and very carefully went around the edge of the vellum with the Spica Gold Glitter Pen. I sponged a couple of scraps of resist paper with Bermuda Bay ink and border punched, tied the bow, attached the vellum circle to the pattern paper mat with a glue dot behind the dragonfly, attached the scallop and bow mat, and there you have it.
With Shar's, Penny's, and my examples of some of the uses of vellum I'm hoping this will inspire you to come and join in on our 7th Challenge this month. Get creative, I bet you can out do us.

Happy Creating--
Beverly G ♥

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I love that tiny little dragonfly charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...