Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sharon Briss: Minor Modifications

Happy New Year Everyone! It's going to be a great year to Go Rogue!

Today, I've got 3 cards for you that just vary in color and position of elements. It always amazes me how different the same image can look even with the same basic idea behind the design.

This loving couple from Snow Hugs make a wonderful wintery "any day" card. To make these, I started with a standard card base, a simple matted oval shape for the main image and a rectangle of different but coordinating paper matted with the same color as the oval. Easy, right? It sure was! What made it even better was that I able to use a bunch of scraps of designer paper for each card.

For the first one, I went almost monochromatic with simple grays for the couple's outfits with a lovely pop of red. The background paper is completely gray except for those tiny pine cones.

For the next card, I readjusted how my oval was positioned for a slightly different look. This time, I went bright and bold with my coloring and my coordinating papers.

For the final one, I picked a paper that also had some lovely red in it and once again changed the position of the oval to allow the flowers on the rectangular panel to seem to cuddle the oval. I used several soft golden colors for a warm feel.

Hope you have fun playing with variations! I always find it fun to play with color and design!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these are beautiful, Shar! I love the variations in color and the slight layout changes in each card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely variations of the stamp and great cards, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous are those modifications and what a difference it makes! Lovely! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to play with different colors and layouts like this- great image- fun cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...