Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Simple Set Saturday: Keyed Up

Is your house like mine? Lots of sets of very similar looking keys lying around? I am forever picking up the wrong set and scrambling to get the proper one.

While I was in Christmas Tree Shop of all places, I saw these cute little Acrylic Photo Frame key chains and an idea popped into my mind - color-coded keys!

I started by measuring the frame and creating 3 separate rectangles of white cardstock. I then stamped my images onto the rectangles with StazOn ink.

I stamped each image again onto a post-it note to create a mask. I placed the mask over the image and sponged two colors of distress ink onto each rectangle using the lightest ink all over and the darker shade around the edges. Once I had finished sponging, I inked up a background stamp with the darker shade of distress ink and overstamped it onto the masked image.

Removing all the masks, I ran all 3 finished rectangles through my Xyron and attached each one to a scrap of designer paper for the backing. Voila! Color-coded key chains for everyone in the family.

Main image: Sitting Girl from Relish Reading
Background image: Almanac Page from Relish Reading
Distress Inks: Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade


Main image: Beach Boy from Beach Babes
Background image: Sandy Beach from Beach Babes
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans


Main image: Walking Girl from Relish Reading
Background image: Whimsical Snow from Candy Kisses
Distress Inks: Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet

Hope you liked this little set of key chains. Now, imagine what other things you can organize using some simple stamping!

10 comments:

  1. These are so fun! They'd be a great stocking stuffer next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!! And they look great - love the images and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Deb great stuffers, love the colors and backgrounds you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute, will make any set of keys pretty :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them, Shar! They are SUPER....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Love these, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are beautiful and you've given me a great gift idea! thanks for the inspiration. xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love these, Shar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a clever idea, they look great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...