Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Barbara Washington: Mardi Gras Month

I am so exited and happy to be guest designing with the new Rogue Redhead Designs stamp set, Carnival Dreams. Mardi Gras is time of revelry and these new stamps represent fun in such a great way.

I just love this couple. They look like they are really enjoying themselves. They are colored with Copics. For the background, I used a piece of Shimmer Sheetz which was dry embossed and then highlighted with black Stazon. The heart balloons are such a sweet addition.

I couldn't stop with just one card. Here I used another image and sentiment from Carnival Dreams. This couple, dressed in their costumes, are so enjoying the moment. The are colored with Copics and framed with and elegant frame. I turned the frame and stamped the image in a diamond shape to coordinate with the background. The harlequin diamond background is from the Tim Holtz paper stash, Vintage Shabby. I overstamped with the heart balloon, the crown, and the star from the stamp set. A touch of gold stickles highlights the frame edges.

I can't wait to play some more with these stamps.

Guest Designer -- Barbara Washington

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Mardi Gras projects! They are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...