Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beverly G: Mardi Gras

A Great Good Tuesday Morning! It's just about time to break out your party beads, masks, and crowns. Mardi Gras will be starting soon and just in time for the big party is the newly released stamp set Carnival Dreams.
Glossy Card stock, and Alcohol Inks are the beginnings of this card. I used Raisin, Bottle, and Gold alcohol ink. Even though I used the same colors the 2 backgrounds I created look very different. The one I stamped the couple on is more ethereal like. I went around the edge of the first background with a gold Sharpie Paint pen and attached it to the card front. I stamped the couple, cut them out with an oval coluzzle shape cutter and went around the edge with a purple metallic marker. I attached the gold braid to the back of the oval with Scor-Tape and then attached to the card front with dimensionals. I created the Mardi Gras label stack with a McGil Vintage Label punch, and 2 Stampin' Up punches using some metallic paper I had in my stash. I colored the moon with a Clear Star gel pen, her heart necklace with a purple Spica Glitter pen, and added the tiny gold flat beads for just the right finishing touch.
I'm thinking this might make a good party invitation.

Happy Creating--
Beverly G ♥

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I love that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Love how you embellished all the jewels and bells!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...