Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holly Brown: Stroll upon the Beach


Good morning! It's Holly posting today. I wanted to try one of the newest techniques from Technique Junkies called Faux Painted Paneling, so I pulled out the Beach Babes stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs.

I started by stamping the large sand background all over the blue card base, then I added the Faux Painted Paneling to the bottom of the card. The sweet little beach babes were stamped with blue ink and I sponged the same color all around the edges. I used a distress tool to rough up the edges of the stamped piece as well as the kraft layer behind it. The sentiment was adhered directly on the Faux Painted Paneling.

I tried to add ribbon, twine, buttons, something to the card, but nothing seemed to work. This card was destined to be Clean And Simple (CAS). This really lets the stamped image take center stage with the Faux Painted Paneling adding a little interest to the piece.


Stamps: Beach Babes from Rogue Redhead Designs
Ink: Baja Breeze
CS: Baja Breeze, Vanilla, Kraft
Other: distress tool, sponge
TJ Technique: Faux Painted Paneling

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card! I can feel the sea breeze right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...