Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Jean Franks Beck: Mardi Gras ATC Triptych

February is packed full of fun for such a short month! Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog's Day (a silly and fun little US custom to forecast the end - or continuation - of winter), Valentine's Day, and the raucous Mardi Gras celebrated to the extreme in New Orleans. I had lots of fun coming up with this little Mardi Gras triptych. I used Prismacolor pencils and Distress Inks to color in a variety of images from the Carnival Dreams plate (and one image from Just Sayin' - the background on the right). I just kept on layering the colors until I got a sort of washed vintage-but-artsy feel that I was after. I limited my color palette to the colors of Mardi Gras - purple, gold, and green, using Seedless Preserves, Concord Grape, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters DI's. A bit of fiber and some dresden gold trim were the only embellishments. Here's a closer look:

3 comments:

  1. The prisma pencils and the distress ink really create a phenomenal color effect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...