Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Barbara Washington: Masquerade

The current Rebel Challenge is to use a stamped background. I thought I'd share a card where the background was made using one of the stamps from Carnival Dreams. I did use a stamp positioner to keep my rows straight. After stamping, I sprayed the background with several colors of Glimmer Mist. To finish off the look, I used a gold Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add the little pearl beads. I think the background looks a bit like the bead curtains so popular years ago. I stamped my focal image, the cute smaller couple from Carnival Dreams and die cut it using a Spellbinders die. The image is backed by a second Spellbinders die.
I want to share a second card today. Here I used the larger couple on Carnival Dreams as the focal image. I used a doily frame die cut from Cheery Lynn to frame the image. The background was done using the marbled smooch technique from the Oct/Nov 2010 Technique Junkies newsletter.
I love working with this set of stamps. They are so festive and happy.
Barbara Washington -- Guest Designer

2 comments:

  1. They are both great! Love the stamped background on the top card - great way to use that element! I love how you colored and framed the couple in the second image. Your marbled background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh love your "beaded curtain" background on the first card! The marbled background on the second card is wonderful - so perfect for a carnival-themed image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...