Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sharon Briss: Layering Background Stamps

Like making your own backgrounds? Rogue Redhead makes it easy!

You can combine our background stamps for a variety of looks. I've put some together so you can see some of the possibilities. For these samples, I've used the Almanac Background from Relish Reading, the Crazy Dot Background from Snow Hugs, the Sandy Beach Background from Beach Babes, the Swirls mini background from Candy Kisses and the Netted Background from Just Sayin'.

For this one, I used shades of brown-hued distress inks on a vanilla cardstock. The first layer is our Almanac Background in Antique Linen Distress Ink. Stamped over using Old Paper Distress Ink this was the Crazy Dots Background. The last layer was done in Brushed Cordoroy with the Netted Background.

As a slight variation, start with the Crazy Dot Background in a light blue like Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on white cardstock. Stamp the Netted Background with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Finish off with the Sandy Beach Background with Brushed Cordoroy Background. I thought it gave a sort of nautical look.

This same pattern can look different just by changing the colors and order of stamping. This background uses a soft Mulled Lavender Distress Ink for the first layer with the Sandy Beach Background. Overstamped onto this layer is the Crazy Dot Background in a Dusty Concord Distress Ink. For the last layer, I used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink with the Netted Background.

For a lighter brighter background, I went all pink. The first layer is the Crazy Dots in soft pink dye ink. The next layer is made up of the Swirls mini background in medium pink dye ink. Finally, I overlayed the Almanac Background in deep pink dye ink.

For a nice background suitable for botanical subjects, I started with the Sandy Beach Background stamped with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. The next layer used the Almanac Background in Crushed Olive. I completed the look with the Netted Background in Tea Dye Distress Ink.

In this last one, I went for an aged vintage look. I started with the Sandy Beach Background again using Wild Honey distress ink. I then used the Almanac Background in Spiced Marmalade. Instead of using a third background, I inked up my Sandy Beach Background with Tea Dye Distress Ink and turned it 180 degrees before I stamped it onto the paper. By doing this second layer of Sandy Beach, I created an aged look.

So what am I going to do with all these lovely layered ink backgrounds? I'll show you next Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Neat technique! Beautiful background...definitely one I will try!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea to layer the background stamps. thanks for the variety of examples

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great backgrounds. Making your own gets quite addicting LOL I still have many I made years ago........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it. There are more than these sitting on my desk already! It is lots of fun and so easy!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...