Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Barbara Washington: It's Raining, It's Pouring

I had some play time in my studio this morning, so I pulled out my Just Sayin' stamps and put together this card. I will admit that I had intended on making a card that fit the current challenge of Spring Colors. I already had the design in mind, and I wanted to try the Tissue Tape technique from the current Technique Junkies newsletter. When I went to find my tissue paper, all I could find was this dark blue. (not really a spring color) My white and spring color tissue paper has disappeared from the face of the earth. I was determined not to give up, so I used the dark blue tissue paper and stamped it with white pigment ink. It worked just fine. I die cut the window (modified ODBD/Spellbinders) from woodgrain paper. The background panel was dry embossed using one of the Spellbinder embossibilities folders. For the window glass and rainy view I dry embossed a piece of packing acetate and layered it over some gray cardstock. It doesn't look like kitty will be going outside to play anytime soon. The sentiment says it all.
Barbara Washington - guest designer

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of our cat, who HATES the rain so very much--fun card!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...