Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Penny Bennington: Rogue stamps and metal

Do you have those days when you decide that you're going to play with a specific set of supplies and just see what happens? Well, this is the result of one of those days! I wanted to play with metal, alcohol inks and my embossing tools and this card is the end result. I started by stamping the swirl from Relish Reading on the back of my metal piece with StazOn and then flipped the piece back and forth to emboss and refine and emboss and flatten the background and emboss some more - it does take some time and patience :-)

These are the supplies I used for the embossing.

Here's a close up so you can see the raised detail. I added details with a ball and cup tool and a decorative wheel from Ten Seconds Studio. Next I added alcohol inks (Ranger: Pool, Clover and Citrus) over the metal then sanded to reveal the silver of the aluminum in the swirls. I also swirled a small brass brush over all of it which allowed me to stamp the lily of the valley sprigs and quote from Floriculture. I lightly traced around the stamped image and puffed it a bit from the back to give it dimension too and then added another layer of alcohol inks around the embossing and stamped areas. Having the inks already out allowed me to make a perfectly matched piece of glossy cardstock to layer behind. A really fun way to get more out of your stamps!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! What a great look! Your embossed detail is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! What an amazing creation - your patience shows in every perfect detail, gorgeous card, someone will treasure this for sure! Anna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...