Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sharon Briss: Rogue Sponging

One-layer cards can be as striking as those with many layers.  This format is perfect for a bolder look, so I decided to have a little play with color.

I put this selection of cards together using nothing but some punches, cotton balls (my favorite spongy stand-in), and ink.

I started off by stamping an image in black on a white card.  I then masked the image completely.  Next, I punched a shape out of a repositionable note to create a reverse mask.  Ink was then sponged into the shape and over the image mask.  Sounds more complicated than it is but once you do it once it'll be smooth sailing for all the future ones.

Here's what I came up with:









For the final one, I did a little something different.  I used some labeling/cover-up tape to create a  straight panel in the middle of the card.  I sponged light green into the panel and then over-stamped the fern with darker green ink.  To finish off, I moved the cover-up tape to create a second smaller border strip into which I sponged the darker green ink.


Why not create your own designs and go one-layer Rogue with your art! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing. Love the look it gives to the card!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of these cards :)lovely work
    Von x☻x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...