Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Deb Corder: A Finale!

I'm sad to say this is my last post for Rogue Redhead Designs.   I'm stepping down from the design team.  I've started the process to get my basement finished (into a "mancave with girlie parts" (or in other words a craft room to die for!!!)).  With that going on I felt I needed to step down.

Here's a little tutorial of how I created this canvas. (note: after each step I dry the canvas with my heat gun.)

I started with a 4x5 canvas, some paints, gel medium, and paper scraps.

I painted a rough background on to the canvas (and on the sides). I do this just because the paper won't reach to the edges and it keeps the edges from sticking out.

I covered the dried painted background with gel medium, layered the paper on, and added more gel medium over the paper. I use a matte finish gel medium.

Next using solvent or oil based inks randomly stamp all over. I used stamps and "found items" (shelf liner, bubble wrap, spray can lids, etc). This is an ongoing step as the layers go down. If you feel it needs more stamping...STAMP!!

I sprayed color in the corner over a mask. I should have put the stamped BEACH BABES down first, but as you can tell, in the end it didn't matter.

I stamped the BEACH BABES on scrap paper and glued down with more gel medium.

To distress the image I used India Ink pens and my finger to add color and then rub it out.

Use a gel pen to add detail to the distressed image. (and notice there was more stamping going down...)

I just bought this Inca Gold - it's a waxy color. I rubbed some along the edges and corners. Buff it with a rag.

After adding the flowers and shells (or between layers to keep them from running) spray with "Workable Fixative". This will give it a nice shine!

So here are some close ups of the final image. After I had the layer of fixative on, I decided to add the sentiment. Just goes to show you...you can't make a mistake and more layers are always good!




Thanks so much to Shar for inviting me a year ago to join the team and allowing me to play with her great stamp sets!

(On this canvas I used Beach Babes, Floriculture, and Relish Reading)

5 comments:

  1. So Cool!!!!!!!!!!!! love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! Great tutorial, great textures, I love the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous collage and great tutorial Deb. TFS. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to see you go Debs but I love the tutorial and a big thank you.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful finale, Deb, and a great tutorial. But I'm sad to see you go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...