Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stephanie Severin: Grizzly in Pink

When I first saw the new Getting Grizzly set, I could see a pink bear card in my future.  Growing-up, I had a pink teddy bear who was my constant companion, and to this day, a pink bear always makes me smile.  When I saw this week's CAS-ual Friday Challenge was to create a pink card, I knew the timing was perfect.

I stamped the seated bear in new Picked Raspberry Distress Ink on pink cardstock and detail-cut the image.  Next I used the same ink on the honeycomb background stamp on pink cardstock for the background.  I angled my octagon die cuts the same direction as the background shapes. I also added a little black glaze pen to his nose.

Since he looks like he might have just had a run-in with those two bumble bees, I thought the sentiment was perfect ... sometimes life hands you bee stings and you do just have to grin & bear it.  The layout is this week's Sketch Frenzy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love this little guy in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Stef! Who knew grizzlies looked good in pink??

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...