Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Jean Franks Beck: Beach Vacation Bookmarks


We've recently taken a vacation to our favorite spot on the North Carolina shore - Topsail Island - and I've once again taken tons of pictures!  One of my favorite things to do is sit on the balcony of our rented beach house with some iced tea and a good book.  I decided it would be fun to combine my photos with my love of stamping and reading....  and make some bookmarks using my own personal photos from the shore.

I started by cropping some of my favorite scenery photos to 2.5 x 6 inches, then printed them out on heavy cardstock.  Next, I stamped images from the Beach Babes set where I wanted them to appear on the photos.  I don't color this version in - it's just to capture some details (like the handles on the girl's sand bucket and shovel above) that I don't want to attempt to cut out.
Next, I stamped each image onto some white cardstock and colored them with Copics.  I cut them out and pasted them exactly over the top of the image I had stamped on the photo bookmarks.

To finish them up, I stamped a few little extra images, like the birds on the one above, added some trim, some distress inks around the edges, and some ribbon to stick out the top of the book.  Very simple, and a great way to save those vacation memories! 

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Fabulous coloring to make them blend in perfectly. Beautiful pictures of your vaca :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning! WOW! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exquisite love them XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jean !! these images are stunning. Absolutely Brilliant. TFS. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome, awsome, awsome!!!! These are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...