Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, July 23, 2012

"triangle square" card by Joanne Wardle

I saw the idea for this shape of card on the create and craft channel ( I think it was Debbie Moore) and thought I'd like to give it a try. I like the way the whole card is made out of just the front piece.

I actually made this with really thin card as a trial and was surprised by how well it stood up, so thought it would be useful as a quick notelet.


I wanted the square part to stand out from the border when standing, so I masked off the border and inked with tattered rose distress ink. I added the splashy background by using the background stamp from the beach babes plate. I used it unmounted and rolled it up so I could just "roll" the pattern onto the areas I wanted.


The flower is from the floriculture plate and the words are from the bits and pieces set.

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, need to try this technique. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Fabulous idea. I will definitely be trying it in the future. So pretty and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that fab shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, what an interesting design!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...