Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Barbara Washington: Captain of my Soul

My card today is a mixture of several stamp sets. I also thought it would be fun to create a card for this month's Rebel Shape Up Challenge: a recipe calling for a circle, a square, and a rectangle.
The focal image, sentiment, and frame backgrounds are all from the newest release, Nature Notes. The background was made using the Kraft Resist technique from the latest Technique Junkies newsletter. I first stamped the background stamp from Relish Reading. Then I stamped and embossed the background stamp from Just Sayin'.  I sponged on stream, caramel and rust inks for color (Ranger). I think the combination of stamps and color makes a striking background for the wonderful Nature Notes stamps.
Don't forget the RRD Sunsational Sale going on now thru August 31, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Great card Barbara, love the colourscand texture! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous! I just love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...