Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nature Notes Meets Simple Set Saturday

Rogue Redhead Designs is pleased to introduce our newest collection - Nature Notes!



Express yourself with the latest half-plate collection from Rogue Redhead Designs! With the clean art deco lines of the 1920s, this elegant set focuses on the simple majesty of nature. This set includes 3 main focal images, a mini background, 5 sentiments and 2 decorative elements. Create sweet notes, eclectic ATCs and charming cards to celebrate the spirit! Nature Notes will be available for its introductory price of US$12.00 until August 31, 2012, a 20% savings off its regular price of US$15.00.

To  introduce you to this sweet set, I've created a simple set to show off some of new images and sentiments.




The background I used was quick and easy.  To create the same effect, you need 2 or more reinkers, water, a paint palette, watercolor paper and a brush.


Add three to four drops of reinker to water in your paint palette. Dip your brush into the mixture and then brush across your watercolor paper.


I like to use two or three bands of color on the same piece of paper.  I generally start at either end and fill in the middle at the end.


I try to use colors that will blend well together where they touch. In this instance, I used a light blue, a lilac and a green.

To create more interest on my pattern, I dipped my fingers into water and then randomly drummed them on my backgrounds while the paper was still wet. Lovely irregular spots appeared!


To further create some variance in the wash, I added some sea salt and let it dry.  While this effect is lovely, sometimes the salt residue will create areas on your backgrounds that do not stamp as crisply and sometimes not at all.



I like the no-stress distressing of the images, but it is not for all projects.

Once my backgrounds dried, I simply stamped my images with Jet Black StazOn ink, trying to place my images so that they overlapped more than one color band. 

To finish off, I cropped the images except on one edge which I tore.  I framed the images with a black mat which ran off the edge of a totally white card and added some sentiments.  The result is a simple card with lots of interest but not lots of fuss or muss.

Here is the rest of the set:





Below find a selection of samples from the talented Rogue Crew!



We would also like to welcome the beautiful art of Zoe Sanderson who will be sharing her imagination and creativity with us as a Guest Rogue for the next two months.

Don't forget to check out all the great Specials available during our RRD Summer Sunsational Sale!

Need mounting supplies with your new stamp purchases? We carry EZ-Mount Cling Foam and EZ Mount Stamp Storage Panels in our Mounting Solutions Section.

7 comments:

  1. This stamp set has my name written all over it! Kinda fits the mental theme I have going on this month :) I love all the samples and am especially drawn to your last project in the slide show that looks like a coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm referring to the black and orange one....

      Delete
  2. Love this set Shar and your cards are gorgeous...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamps Shar.Such pretty cards too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this stamp set. Going to buy it right now. Beautiful cards, Shar. Love the CAS look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL set of CAS cards, Shar--very elegant, and perfect for the gorgeous images in the Nature Notes set.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...