Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Jean Franks Beck: Another Take on the Rebel Color Challenge

Since lilac is one of my favorite colors (and flowers!), I couldn't resist having a go at this month's Rebel Challenge to use Lilac, Navy, and White.  The crisp white inspired me to go with a basically clean and simple card (but with a little shabby chic ribbon thrown in - couldn't resist).  I had lots of lilac patterned papers in my stash, and some StazOn ink in a most gorgeous Midnight Blue.  I stamped the bunting from Just Sayin' in navy on various lilac hued papers and glued them together in a breezy line across some embossed white cardstock.  I kept the dotty pattern going on the bottom, where I stamped the sentiment from Relish Reading in navy.  A bit of ribbon and this simple card was done in a flash. Stamping in navy is a refreshing change from basic black or brown, and is a great place to start for this color challenge - I hope you can join in!

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE, Jean! I don't know what my brain block is about stamping on patterned paper, it never occurs to me to do so until I see a great example like this--do I have that bunting stamp??

    Yes.

    Have you inspired me to stamp it on patterned paper and make my own little bunting?

    YES!

    Thank you, Jean!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...