Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Simple Set Saturday: Get Scrappy

If you are like me, you probably have a lot of little strips of designer paper hanging around that you have optimistically figured would be useful for some "future project".  Well, I decided to make that distant tomorrow, a reality today. 

Grab those little strips of paper and start creating some great note card sets!  The idea is very simple!

Stamps: Old Gent and Sentiment from Just Sayin' (Rogue Redhead Designs)


First, I cut strips into 3/4" to 1" strips of varying lengths.  I lined them up and then offset them.  I taped the strips together on the backside.  Then...and this is the easiest part...just stamp one of your favorite images onto the strips in black.  I added a sentiment on one of the longer strips.  Once the image was placed, I also did some strategic cutting to create more interest.  I put the whole thing on a plain white card, positioned the strips as desired and trimmed the bits sticking out the edges.  You don't even have to make things straight!  How easy is that?

Here are the other cards I created using the same method:


Stamps: Marie from Relish Reading and sentiment from Bits and Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)


Stamps: lily of the valley and sentiment from Floriculture (Rogue Redhead Designs)



If you try out this easy way to use up your scraps, please add a comment with a link!  We would love to see your fabulous cards!

3 comments:

  1. Clever idea, I have so many "little" that this is deffenatly going to work for me.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Krisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea for paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really clever Shar- I love it :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...