Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sharon Briss: For the Reader in Your Life

I made a bunch of these cards to accompany gifts to the book lovers on my holiday list this year.  I loved using the bright color palette with Marie, a vintage image from our Relish Reading plate.


I colored our thoughtful reader in with copic markers.  I love the soft effects available with the X-Press It Blending paper.  It really does create beautiful and seamless shading!

I used an oval cutter to isolate the image and cut a slightly larger one in orange cardstock to act as a mat.  I used the edge of this second circle as a guide for lining up the brads before adhering it to the back of the image. 


To get the pennant effect, I angled my square punch so that it sat diagonal on a strip of cardstock.  I learned this extraordinarily helpful hint from our own Rogue Crew member, Stephanie Severin.

Don't forget that simple cards can still be impactful.  This particular card was made mostly from bits and pieces from my scrap baskets!

1 comment:

  1. love the bright colors! thanks for the tip on how to make a pennant--maybe mine will be even now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...